Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fantasy Football Sucks

That's right I said it. Fantasy Football sucks. You know what is 100 times better? Regular football. You know rooting for your own team to win. I know it's a strange concept for all you bandwagon fans but the key is to pick 1 team and root for them to win the Super Bowl. I present to you in easy to read format why I hate Fantasy Football.

1. Where is your loyalty?
Stop me if you have heard this before from a so called Bird's fan. I hope Tony Romo throws four touchdowns today but the Eagles win. O yeah jackass, is that because you have Romo on your fantasy team or because you weekly opponent has the Birds D. It is real clear, root for your own team at all times. This is the #1 commandment of sports fandom.

2. It's everywhere.
Fantasy Football has become so popular it seems that just about every "fan" plays it. They even have multiple teams. You can't escape fantasy football from game highlights, game broadcasts, game previews, or SportsCenter. Matthew Berry, you suck. I don't care about your fantasy breakdown. I turned on SportsCenter to watch highlights, but I suppose that was my mistake. It has even found a place in the newspaper and Sports Illustrated. It is the subject of most football discussions because you want to beat Larry in accounting this week sometimes even at the expense of "your team."

3. Spawn
Fantasy Football has several offspring. Fantasy Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, NASCAR and Golf. There is also a new one, College Fantasy Football. That's right CBS Sportsline is pushing College Fantasy Football. I don't know all the details about it but I do know I can't escape its promos. Thanks for helping to ruin other sports.

I must admit I played fantasy football in mid 90s before it was real popular. Maybe that's part of the reason I played. My dad had a team and helped me formulate his team each week. It lasted maybe two seasons because he didn't enjoy it.
If you play fantasy football I hope your one of those guys that picks the whole roster of your team at least then your probably not a scab. If you do blame Fantasy Football never give yourself a reason to root against your own team and never discuss the topic in public. If you must give yourself an added incentive to watch football games not involving you team, gamble.

No comments:

Post a Comment