Monday, October 19, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness

I might come off as a jerk for saying this but I think everyone is fully aware of Breast Cancer. The NFL has taken its awareness of the Cancer to a full month. Frankly I've seen enough pink on the football field. One week would be a nice little PR statement for the league, but they have taken it to the extreme. Pink cleats, pink hats, pink wristbands, pink bannerpink ribbons on helmets. It's all a bit much. This is obviously not a popular arguement to make but it distracts from my NFL viewing. When my Dad, who normally would chastise me for saying such things, brings up the issue, I'd say with great certainty that it has gone too far. It's going to continue next week, however in the future Id like to see the NFL focus on other afflictions as well or even do nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment